The first week of the tenth Indian Premier League season has already witnessed 16 fifties, 1 hundred and 97 wickets falling. This edition of the IPL has been action packed and The Ring Side View takes a look at the top moments from the first week of this year’s tournament.
1. Chris Lynn’s scintillating innings: Chris Lynn was in top gear right from the word go in this year’s IPL for the Kolkata Knight Riders. His innings of 93 against the Gujarat Lions in KKR’s opening game of the season was a spectacle for fans as Lynn carried his Big Bash League form into the IPL. Watch the big sixes hit by him against the Lions:
Visit IPLT20.com the official IPLT20 website for minute-to-minute LIVE updates.
2. Pandya mauls Dinda: Smashing four sixes and a four in the final over of the Mumbai innings against the Rising Pune Supergiants, Hardik Pandya kicked off his IPL in style. The stylish all-rounder has been in terrific form in this year’s tournament also finishing off a crucial game against KKR in style at the Wankhede. Watch his last over blitz against RPS here:
The all-rounder hit Ashok Dinda to all parts of the ground scoring 30 off the last over
3. Rashid Khan’s dream debut: One of the talking points ahead of this IPL season was the participation of Afghan cricketers Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi. Rashid Khan made his IPL debut against RCB in the opening fixture of the season and bowled a match-winning spell for SRH ensuring them a win to start off their campaign. Watch his maiden IPL wicket:
History made – A wicket on IPL debut, the leggie from Afghanistan cherished it and how
4. Kedar Jadhav hands RCB their first win: In the absence of Kohli and De Villiers, Kedar Jadhav opted to carry the RCB innings on his shoulders against the Delhi Daredevils. The keeper-batsman played a fantastic innings against Delhi at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, scoring 69 off 37 balls. Watch some of his best shots from the innings:
Amit Mishra was belted around the park as the pocket dynamite hit 24 runs in over
5. Sanju Samson comes of age: One of India’s most promising young batsmen, Sanju Samson played a whirlwind innings for the Daredevils against Pune, scoring the first hundred of this year’s IPL. En route his innings of 102 off 63 balls, he played some wonderful cricket shots including five massive sixes. Watch the best of his knock against the Supergiant: (Akhil Prakash is a sports writer for The Ring Side View and for more updates, you can follow him on Facebook and Twitter)