Kerala Blasters, Rene Mulensteen part ways after poor start to ISL 4

Kerala Blasters have parted ways with head coach Rene Mulensteen following the poor start to the 2017-18 Indian Super League (ISL) season, KBFC announced on Tuesday (January 2).

The decision comes post a heavy 3-1 home defeat to Bengaluru FC on the New Year’s Eve clash. The men in yellow have failed to make inroads this season despite major international players in the squad such as Dimitar Berbatov, Wes Brown and Indian players like Sandesh Jhingan and Chekiyot Vineeth.

The Kerala side are languishing in eighth position, having registered just one win in their seven games so far, having drawn four and lost two.

 

Rene Meulensteen said as per the media release, “I like to thank the management, staff, players and amazing fans for this experience and wish them well for the future.”

CEO of Kerala Blasters, Varun Tripuraneni said, “The club likes to thank Rene for all the hard work in his time at the club. The replacement would be announced soon.”

The Sachin Tendulkar outfit host second placed FC Pune City on January 4 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, with Thangboi Singto assigned temporary charge of the proceedings before a replacement is announced.

 

For more, follow us on Facebook @TheRingSideView and on Twitter @theringsideview

Share Button